Tonight Sydney play host to the injury-plagued Adelaide Crows who will be minus Star players Rory Sloane and Eddie Betts and the Swans have had the wood over Adelaide in recent times. Sydney have started the season in grand style and I think they will take care of the Crows in comfortable fashion. I am including the Swans to cover the line and win by 26 points or more and I will be backing the in-form Lance Franklin to kick the first goal and most goals in this match.
My multi for this week requires Sydney to cover the line and win by 26 or more into GWS to win by 12 points or more into West Coast to win by 15 points or more against Carlton. The multi price is $3.62. The wider multi at bigger odds requires the same outcome as the first multi plus Fremantle to win, Hawthorn to win and Richmond to win. The 6 leg multi is paying $12.69.
Ben Brown is kicking plenty of goals this season but is yet to kick the first of a match – I’m not dropping off – he has the best strike rate in the league over the past 2 seasons and will surely prevail at nice odds in the next little bit – I’m also backing him for most goals. Josh Kennedy was back with a bang for West Coast last week slotting 5 majors – I will stick with him for first goal and most goals and I’ll also be backing Toby Greene to be the first goalscorer in the GWS v St. Kilda match.
On Wednesday next week in the ANZAC Day match between Collingwood and Essendon I will be backing Adam Treloar and Brodie Grundy to win the Anzac Day Medal when the market opens.
I’m opting for a multi with the Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City to both win their semi-finals in the A-League this weekend. It is paying $3.35.
In NRL round 7 action I will take a multi with Melbourne to win, South Sydney to win and North Queensland to beat the Gold Coast. The multi price is $3.88.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE CRICKET
There have been some tremendous matches already in the Indian Premier League and it can all be followed via Fox Sports at The Gate, The Brook or The Ashby. Tonight the Chennai Super Kings take on the Rajasthan Royals in a tricky match to determine the winner. My only bet in the match will be to back DÁrcy Short to be the leading runscorer for Rajasthan at $4.40. He played his best knock of the tournament in Rajasthan’s most recent outing and should take great confidence from that.
Tomorrow night the Kolkata Knight Riders take on Kings X1 Punjab and I will be having two bets in that match. Chris Lynn was out cheaply last match and that doesn’t happen too often to the big slugger. I’m backing him to top score for Kolkata at $3.70 and overnight Chris Gayle scored one of the most magnificent hundreds I have ever seen for Kings X1 – he looks to be in sparkling nick and I am happy to be on him at $3.70 to top score for Punjab again. AJ Tye is worth a few bucks to be leading wicket taker for Kings X1 at $3.70 as well.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 128
I will be taking a three leg multi with Kevin Lee, Frankie Edgar and Justin Willis to win their bouts. The multi quote is $2.85.
A superb weekend of racing with big programs at Randwick and Caulfield as well as locally at Ascot for Derby Day and at Cannington on Saturday night for the Group 1 Perth Cup and Group 1 Galaxy.
My best bets of the weekend are as follows :
Randwick Saturday Race 2 Number 4 Test The World (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $5.50) Classy mare who has had 11 lifetime starts for 6 wins and 4 placings. Resumes from a break here and previously first up she has had 3 tries for 2 wins and a placing. Can handle all conditions and from 5 tries over this trip has managed 3 wins and a placing. Has drawn barrier 1 and with the claim for talented Apprentice Jean Van Overmeire gets in with 57.5 kilograms. Record speaks for itself and well worth an each way investment.
- Randwick Saturday Race 9 Number 7 Osborne Bulls (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.30) : Up and coming sprinter who has put together an imposing record starting 8 times in his career for 6 wins and 2 placings. Is 1 for 1 at this track and at this distance and last start showed he is going as well as ever. Looks capable of working his way right up to top grade and with a clear run looks to speedy for his opposition in this event.
- Caulfield Saturday Race 4 Number 3 Kiwia (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.15): Promising stayer who has been excellent at both runs back from a break over unsuitable distances and against on speed bias. He gets out to the right sort of distance here of 2000 metres where he has had 5 tries for 2 wins and 2 placings. Loves racing at this Caulfield circuit where he has had 4 tries for 3 victories. Meets the majority of this field on level weights and is clearly the most exciting horse in the race. I like this fellow a lot and will be using him as my multi banker of the day.
- Morphetville Saturday Race 5 Number 2 Holy Blade (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.90) : 3 year old son of I Am Invincible from the Darren Weir yard who has been most impressive at his last three starts. Three back was beaten by a very smart horse in Demerara and since then has flashed home to win at Sandown and Bendigo over 1000 metres. Steps up to Listed company here and is stretched out to 1100 metres but given the way he has found the line at his last few that appears to be no problem at all. I’ve had him in my Black Book for a while now and he has been very good to me. Looks a nice type in the making and will pay to keep following him.
- Ascot Saturday Race 3 Number 6 Broker (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.70) : Brought up a hat-trick of victories at his latest start when he cruised in here over the 1400 metres carrying 57 kilos. While up in class here drops 3 kilos to 54 kilograms, draws barrier one, and gains the services of William Pike. Is improving with each start and has shown this time in that he is a reliable conveyance. Looks the goods.
- Mandurah Greyhounds Friday Race 9 Number 8 Dandalup Brutus (Price Not Available) : Recent numerical form looks average finishing unplaced at his last 6 starts but all of those runs have been in much tougher including last week when unplaced in a Perth Cup heat. 7 runs back won an open grade sprint race at Cannington over 520 metres defeating Trouper Monelli and Astrozone and if either of those were to go around in a field like this they would be almost unbackable. This dog knows how to find the line having won 19 of 61 and from box 8 should get plenty of room to zoom around them. This looks ideal and should be at a decent price.