Two great Preliminary Finals to look forward to this weekend. I’ll take the two home sides in a multi Adelaide and Richmond into Peel to win the WAFL Grand Final. The multi price is $3.41.
Patrick Dangerfield was simply awesome in Geelong’s win over Sydney last week. He may well head forward again here and I’ll have something on him at $10 to kick the first goal in the Friday night game.
In the WAFL Grand Final I lean towards Peel prevailing and accordingly in Simpson Medal betting I will look for some value with Dockers listed player big Sean Darcy at $23 and Luke Ryan at $11.
In the two NRL Preliminary Finals I’ll take a multi with Melbourne Storm at the -7.5 points to win by 8 or more in to Sydney to defeat North Queensland. It is paying $2.13.
Some quality matches to look forward to this round. I’ll look to a multi play and combine New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Philadelphia to all win at the combined price of $2.35.
Manchester City are flying – I’ll take a multi with them to win by 2 goals or more into Everton and Arsenal to both win at the odds of $2.96.
The UFC action heads to Japan this weekend where the main event sees Ovince Saint Preux up against the hometown hope Yushin Okami. I’ll take a multi with Saint Preux to prevail into Claudia Gadelha and Luke Jumeau to win their bouts. The multi price is $2.23.
The feature race of the weekend is the $1 million Golden Rose for the three year olds where Menari looks tough to stop.
My best bets of the weekend are as follows :
- Rosehill Race 7 Number 2 Menari (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.00) : Gun three year old Menari has come back in splendid fashion winning the Rosebud and the Run to the Roses on his way to this race. Should be peaking third up and despite the wide draw can prove the testing material. Has won both starts this time in, in soft fashion against similar opposition and only has to reproduce his last couple of efforts to be the one to beat.
- Rosehill Race 9 Number 5 Zumbelina (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.35) : Talented Mare who loves racing here as evidenced by her 4 for 4 record at this circuit. Was a quality first up winner over the smart Tango Rain and has won second up in the past. Runs into some nice types in this and I am a little weary of Wayanka and Souchez but the bottom line is this girl knows how to win and she is at the right track and trip. Happy to be with her.
- Caulfield Race 3 Number 11 Sin To Win (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.40) : Lightly raced 5 year old from the strong Hayes-Dabernig yard who has had 7 career starts for 3 wins and 4 placings. Placed at both runs back from a break and stretches out to 1800 metres here which looks ideal. Should get a lovely run from the draw and be finishing on strong. Looks ready to win.
- Caulfield Race 9 Number 11 Petition (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $5.50) : Ultra-consistent mare who has had 8 tries for 2 wins and 5 placings. From two second up appearances in the past has a win and a placing and is yet to miss a place over this trip after 4 tries. Has the services of one of my favourite jockeys in Damien Lane and from this draw should get a cosy run. Looks a great each way play.
- Belmont Race 2 Number 1 Money Maher (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.05) : Son of Al Maher who could not have been any more impressive this time in winning both starts with an electric finishing dash. Not likely to have taken any harm out of those runs and should continue to clock up wins against his own age group. The winning hat trick looks likely in this.