Tonight Adelaide take on Collingwood in Friday Night Football in a match where the Crows look very well placed.
My multi for this week requires Adelaide, GWS, Richmond, West Coast, North Melbourne and Geelong to all win. The multi price is $3.12. To add in a bit of extra spice you can take Adelaide to win by 21 points or more, Richmond to win by 18 points or more and North Melbourne to win by under 40 points with the other 3 teams to win and the multi price swells to $6.33
As I mentioned last week First Goalscorers are not easy to pick but they are appealing to punters like me who like the prospect of a big payout for a small outlay. Ben Brown I back every week and he is bursting to open his first Goal Scorer account for this season at $8. I will also be backing Toby Greene at $11, Tori Dickson at $13 and Josh Jenkins at $10 to be First Goal Scorers in their matches.
I’m opting for a multi with the Perth Glory and Sydney FC to win their A-League matches this weekend. The multi price is $4.40.
In NRL round 6 action I will take a multi with Melbourne to win by 6 points or more into Saint George and North Queensland. The multi is paying $2.86.
I’ll take a multi on the Athletics which needs Joshua Cheptegei to win the Mens 10,000 mere Gold, Jamaica to win the 4 x 100 metre Women’s Relay Gold and Jamaica to win the Women’s 4 x 400 metre Women’s Relay Gold. The multi price is $3.44.
UFC on FOX 29
I will be taking a three leg multi with Wilson Reis, Luke Sanders and Antonio Carlos Jnr to all win their bouts. The multi is paying $2.69.
It is Day 2 of the Championships at Randwick on Saturday and the Oaks and Karrakatta headline proceedings at Ascot.
My best bets of the weekend are as follows :
Randwick Saturday Race 8 Number 1 Almandin (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $4.20) 2016 Melbourne Cup winner who is back racing in grand style this preparation and last start was an impressive winner of the Tancred Stakes over 2400 metres. Drops 2 kilograms off that win to 57 kilograms for this assignment, has drawn well in barrier 5 and has the services of Damien Oliver. Looks to have a lot in his favour and should prove the testing material over the 3200 metres.
- Randwick Saturday Race 10 Number 10 Quilista (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $4.80) : Former West Aussie mare who has been superb in winning her last two starts over 1200 metres at Flemington and Rosehill. Has had 8 tries over this distance for 4 wins and 3 placings and has the early pace to overcome her draw out in 14. Is in the zone at the moment and can make it a winning hat-trick.
- Caulfield Saturday Race 3 Number 1 Palazzo Vecchio (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.65): Quality filly who has been placed at 2 of 3 runs back from a break and drops in class for this. With the claim for Chris Caserta gets in with 58 kilograms and that looks a winnable weight here. Has won 1 of 2 over this distance and has been placed at her only look at this track. Plenty to like about her in this event.
- Ascot Saturday Race 5 Number 3 Prize Catch (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $4.40) : 1400 metre specialist who has had 5 tries over this trip for 3 wins and 2 placings. Returned to the Winner’s List last time out in a similar event and can again press strong claims. In-form apprentice Tayla Stone takes the ride and her two kilo claim could prove very useful. The clear danger looks to be Missile Launch but at close to each way odds I thought Prize Catch was worth a crack.
- Ascot Saturday Race 6 Number 2 Friar Fox (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $1.80) : I don’t usually like taking odds-on quotes but Friar Fox has been devastating this time in and the daughter of Blackfriars looks to have a stranglehold on this year’s WA Oaks. She has won 3 of her last 4 starts and at her most recent performance bolted in by just under 3 lengths in the Natasha Stakes. She should be peaking for this and looked a multi banker.
- Mandurah Greyhounds Friday Race 12 Number 1 Spitting Venom (Price Not Available) : Up and coming sprinter who has won 3 of her last 7 starts and has come up with the perfect draw in box one. Two starts ago here accounted for a smart field in a slick 22.72 and something like that in this field would see her getting the cash again. Should send us home on a winning note.