This weekend we can look forward to the start of the AFL finals, the WAFL finals, the NRL finals, the return of the NFL, the Rugby Championship, EPL and more UFC action.
Form Analyst David Shortte is here to help you with his best Bets on the feature action this weekend.
I’ll take a multi with Geelong to beat Richmond and Sydney to beat Essendon by 25 points or more. The multi price looks nice at $2.74.
I will also be having small speck bets on Buddy Franklin to kick the first goal against Essendon at $6 and Josh Kennedy to kick the first goal against Port Adelaide at $5.
In the WAFL South Fremantle will bounce back from their loss to Peel last week – when markets open I’ll be backing the Doggies to win and to cover the line against Swan Districts.
NRL ROUND 26
I’ll take a multi which requires the Melbourne Storm to win by 7 points or more and Cronulla to win by 7 points or more. The multi price is $2.62.
The NFL returns this weekend and I’ll take a multi with Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Dallas to all commence their campaigns with success. It is paying $2.45.
The feature bout of UFC 215 is that between Demetrious Johnson and Ray Borg. I’ll bank on the hot favourite Johnson and also include Adriano Martins, Rafael Dos Anjos and Henry Cejudo to win their bouts. The multi price is $2.40.
Australia will enjoy not having to play New Zealand this weekend and I think they can beat South Africa. I’ll also include New Zealand to beat Argentina by 26 points or more for a multi return of $2.46.
I’ll take a 3 leg multi with Arsenal, Manchester United and West Ham to all win this weekend. The price if successful is $3.73.
RACING BEST BETS
David Shortte looks across Australia for his best racing bets this weekend.
While it is likely to be a cramped quote at around $1.60 I think the Japanese galloper Brave Smash (Moonee Valley Race 7 Number 2) who finished runner-up to Vega Magic last start will be a multi banker for the day on Saturday. If he wins like I think he should he may well find himself off to the $10 million Everest in October.
- Moonee Valley Saturday Race 4 Number 8 MoonoverManhattan (TABtouch Fixed Odds $10) : Capable galloper who has had 1 try over this trip for 1 win and enjoys racing at Moonee Valley where he has had 4 starts for a win and 2 placings. Meets some nice types here but a few of them are at the start of their preparation while this guy has had 4 runs to get him fit. Was a close up third last start and I get the impression he should be set to peak for this. Hans Holbein, Foundry and Killarney Kid are all nice horses and loom as dangers but at the $10 I thought he looked a great each way play.
- Rosehill Saturday Race 3 Number 1 Alward (TABtouch Fixed Odds $1.90) : In form stayer who has won his last two starts impressively over 2000 metres at Flemington and here at Rosehill. Starting to get up in the weights but off the strength of his last two performances I can see no reason why he shouldn’t bring up a winning hat trick in this. Will be ridden by gun Jockey Hugh Bowman and I’m keen to follow this fellow through the classes.
- Rosehill Saturday Race 6 Number 7 Bonny O’Reilly (TABtouch Fixed Odds $3.70) : This girl is a real favourite of mine and she got home for us a fortnight ago as a $4 chance when first up. She runs into a smart Group 3 field here and she has to contend with a wide barrier but she has had 4 tries at this track for 4 wins and 4 tries over this distance for 4 wins. Her second up record is also first class with 3 tries for 2 wins and a second. Will need a bit of luck to get in but she owes me nothing and I’m prepared to be on her at close to each way odds.
- Morphetville Saturday Race 5 Number 2 Quilista (TABtouch Fixed Odds $2.05) : Classy West Aussie mare who made a winning debut for her new trainer Darren Weir three weeks ago when an impressive winner at Caulfield. Heads across to South Australia for a Bench Mark Mares race and if she produces a run anything like her most recent she will make a mess of these. Already backed from $2.40 into $2.05 and she looks set for a very nice preparation.
- Belmont Saturday Race 5 Number 4 Just Act Natural (TABtouch Fixed Odds $2.90) : Very reliable galloper who has 4 wins and 4 seconds from his last 9 starts. Last start was a close up second behind It’s It over 1300 metres in the Idyllic Prince and goes up to the 1400 metres here. Has drawn nicely in barrier 2 and drops back to 55.5 kilograms from 59 last start. Looks hard to beat.
- Cannington Greyhounds Saturday Race 5 Number 8 Neil Monelli (No Price yet available) : Speed machine who is in rare form winning his last three starts in slick times. We have been with him right through and from his favourite box 8 draw where he has won 4 out of 5 attempts I’ll be all over him again.