Tonight sees the Grand Final Replay between Richmond and Adelaide at the Adelaide Oval in what shapes as a very even contest. There are some tremendous matches still ahead and I have opted for a multi which requires St. Kilda to defeat North Melbourne, Melbourne to beat Brisbane and GWS to cover the line and beat Collingwood by 20 points or more. The multi price is $3.59. I have also taken a multi with those same combinations and added Carlton to beat Gold Coast and Geelong to beat Hawthorn at the multi price of $8.29.
Ben Brown did not have conditions to suit at all last week in the torrential rain but back to Etihad Stadium opens him up to being the First Goalscorer in the Kangaroos v Saints clash at $8. I was lucky enough to back Charlie Curnow for first and most goals last week in Carlton’s loss to Richmond and he did not let me down. I am suggesting his stocks are on the rise and he is a player to follow from a first goal and most goals perspective for the Blues in 2018.
Melbourne United and the Adelaide 36ers are tied up at 2-2 in the NBL Grand Final Playoff series and on Saturday the home court advantage is in favour of Melbourne for the decider. All season both teams have cashed in on their home floor advantage and I’d be very surprised if that didn’t happen again here. I will be banking Melbourne in multis at $1.45 and I am happy to be on them at the line to win by 5 points or more at $1.85. Sometimes these games can blow out when one side has the title wrapped up and I will have something on Melbourne to win by 15 points or more at $4 in case that happens.
I’ll take a multi with Sydney FC to defeat Perth Glory and Adelaide United to beat the Wellington Phoenix. The multi price is $2.90.
In NRL round 4 action I will take a multi with Melbourne to beat Cronulla, Sydney to beat New Zealand and St George to win by 8 points or more. The multi is paying $3.68.
The Fourth Test between Australia and South Africa gets underway on Easter Friday and I’m sure the Australian players will be looking to forward to just getting out there and playing some Cricket. That said it has been a tough 10 days for the Tourists and you would expect South Africa to be keen to extend their advantage. Their bowling in the Third Test was first class with Rabada, Morkel and Philander all having a serious impact. The Australian side will be minus Steve Smith, David Warner and Cam Bancroft who have been sent home and given long term suspensions post the sandpaper incident. With that trio out the Australian top order will have a significantly different look to it. Renshaw, Burns and Maxwell have been flown out as cover but exactly what the Australian top order looks like is yet to be declared. Shaun Marsh has played some quality innings throughout the course of this Summer and I am happy to be on him at $5 to be the Leading Run Scorer for Australia in the first innings. I’m also backing AB de Villiers at $3.50 to top score for the home side in the First Innings. South Africa at $1.50 are also worth considering as a multi leg for the weekend upcoming.
It is another awesome day of Group 1 Racing at Rosehill on Saturday while Caulfield and Ascot also have top race cards.
My best bets of the weekend are as follows :
- Caulfield Saturday Race 6 Number 8 Top Of The Range (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.50) : In-form galloper who was an impressive winner at this track two starts ago and then last time out came from back in the pack and clattered home to be beaten a narrow margin in the Grand Handicap Mile at Flemington. On his last two efforts this should be very suitable.
- Caulfield Saturday Race 7 Number 1 Homesman (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.40) : Former European galloper who made a winning debut in Australia in the Victoria Cup over 2000 metres at Caulfield before being caught in the wrong part of the track when pushed wide in the Australian Cup last start when midfield. From the powerful Lloyd Williams operation and they do know how to find a classy stayer. Looks a very nice type and this race looks right up his alley.
- Rosehill Saturday Race 5 Number 2 Mongolian Marshall (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.30): Lightly raced visitor from New Zealand in the strong Baker-Forsman team. Has been first class in winning his last two starts over the mile in New Zealand and the way he has hit the line would suggest the step up to 2000 metres will be ideal. Drawn perfectly in barrier 3 and will be piloted by gun jockey Craig Williams. One to follow.
- Rosehill Saturday Race 8 Number 4 Interlocuter (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $5) : Talented five year old who has put together a strong career record starting 11 times for 6 wins and 3 placings. Was hitting the line hard and beaten just over three lengths when resuming and has an excellent second up record having won 2 of 3 attempts. Has drawn perfectly in barrier three and looks a great each way play.
- Ascot Saturday Race 6 Number 1 Gee Boss (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.20) : Quality campaigner who has been on a tear in recent times winning his last three starts in fine style. Is unbeaten at this track and distance and despite rising in weight to 60.5 kilograms he has shown a degree of brilliance and he will be very hard to hold out. Can make it 4 in a line.