Friday night Footy has finally thrown up what looks to be a cracking contest with Port Adelaide playing host to the reigning premiers Richmond. The Tigers will be minus their Brownlow Medallist Dustin Martin and all of the money is for Port to capitalise. The Power have firmed from $1.82 into $1.70 while Richmond have drifted out to $2.20. I’ll lean slightly towards Port to win and cover the -5.5 point line and win by 6 or more at $1.91. Robbie Gray appeals for First Goalscorer at $10.
My multi for this weekend requires Geelong to win at home into GWS to beat Gold Coast by 25 points or more and Sydney and Melbourne to win. The multi price is $3.62. If you like the multi at bigger prices you can add Adelaide and Essendon to win which jacks the price up to $8.42.
In Monday’s match between the Dees and the Pies there is betting on the Neale Daniher Medal – I like Melbourne to win and will be backing Jesse Hogan at $12 and Max Gawn at $15 to win the medal.
I continue to enjoy a flutter at bigger odds on First Goalscorers – my personal plays for this weekend include Ben Brown at $8, Jeremy Cameron at $6 , Michael Walters at $10 and Jesse Hogan at $8.50.
In NRL round 14 action I will take a multi with South Sydney, Sydney and North Queensland to all win this weekend. The multi is paying $2.85.
As I suggested at the start of the series Golden State looked to have too much depth for Cleveland to deal with and that is how things have panned out to date with Golden State holding a 3-0 advantage after the first 3 matches of the series.
With home court advantage Cleveland and Lebron James will be doing everything within their power to avoid a clean sweep but quite simply the Warriors have all the answers and it is hard to bet against them.
In Game 4 I think the trend of the series will continue and Golden State will reign supreme as the NBA Champions of 2017-18. I’ll back Golden State to cover the line and win by 5 points or more at the $1.91. I’ll also have a smaller play on them to win by 11 points or more at $2.85.
WBO WORLD WELTERWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT
Australia’s Jeff Horn will out to defend his WBO World Welterweight Title on Sunday morning when he takes on Terence Crawford in Las Vegas.
Both Boxers are unbeaten in their careers to date with Horn winning 19 bouts and Crawford 32.
I am not getting heavily involved but I am happy to have a little speck on Horn to cause the upset. Horn is a $4.75 outsider with Crawford a hot favourite at $1.19.
Crawford has been devastating in winning the Light Weight and Light Welterweight titles in recent times but he has to come up in weight for this and I am hoping Horn will prove the stronger of the duo.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 225
This weekend I will take a multi with Rob Whittaker, Holly Holm and Tai Tuivasa to all prevail. They all look tough to beat and the $2.70 multi should be a solid play.
There are three Group 1 races to look forward to at Doomben on Saturday including the Stradbroke while locally at Belmont the Listed Beaufine Stakes is the main event.
My best bets of the weekend are as follows :
- Flemington Saturday Race 4 Number 5 Silvera (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.30) : Handy 4 year old who put the writing on the wall at his most recent outing when runner up at Cranbourne carrying 60.5 kilograms. Drops in weight to 54.5 kilograms in this and has won at this track previously. Looks ready to peak for this and should be right in the finish.
- Randwick Saturday Race 4 Number 2 Araaja (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $2.75) : Consistent mare who has run well at both runs back from a spell and excels over this 2000 metre trip where she has had 5 tries for 2 wins and 2 placings. Has drawn beautifully in barrier 2 and should get a lovely run in transit. Stands out as the one to beat.
- Randwick Saturday Race 9 Number 2 Noire (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.60): A winner at 5 of her 11 career outings and was hitting the line hard when finishing 4th first up. Has had 2 tries second up for a win and a second and has the services of gun Jockey Tye Angland. Is well suited in this event and should be right in the mix.
- Doomben Saturday Race 8 Number 9 Moss Trip (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $4.40) : Quality mare who has won 3 of her last 4 starts and recently trialled nicely in the buildup to this. Racing in grand style and Trainer Paul Snowden has reported she is in tip-top order heading into this race. Right on top of her game and looks the testing material.
- Belmont Saturday Race 4 Number 5 Mizlecki (TABtouch Fixed Odds Price $3.40) : Talented Filly who has won 2 of her last 3 starts and last start against a smart lineup she was an eye catching effort making up very good late ground when finishing home for 4th. Is well in here with the 3 kilo claim for Brodie Kirby. Should continue on her excellent recent form.